The Town of Berlin will hold a Municipal Election on Tuesday, October 2, 2018 for the District 1, 4 and At-Large Council Seats.
Important dates for the 2018 Election are as follows:
- Voter Registration – Deadline is Friday, August 31, 2018. Voters must be registered with the Worcester County Board of Elections; Berlin does not conduct separate voter registration. To register, or to change voter registration information such as home address, please contact the Worcester County Board of Elections at 410-632-1320 or visit www.voter.org.
- Absentee Voting – Applications to vote absentee in Berlin’s municipal election will be available starting on Tuesday, September 4, 2018; applications will not be available before that date and must be returned by the appropriate deadline to be eligible (see below).
- Candidate’s Filing – Deadline is 5:00 PM on Tuesday, September 4, 2018 for regular filing as a candidate for the Berlin Municipal Election Council Seat District 1, 4 or At-large. See below for information about filing as a write-in candidate.
- Absentee Voting application period closed – 5:00 PM, Tuesday, September 25, 2018 for applications to be received by mail (postmark NOT accepted) and 5:00 PM, Friday, September 28, 2018 for applications to be received in person at Berlin Town Hall, 10 William Street, Berlin.
- Write-In Candidate – Deadline is 5:00 PM on Tuesday, September 25, 2018. Note: Write-in Candidates will not appear on the ballot; names written-in on ballot, but not registered as Write-in candidates will not be counted in the election tally.
- Election Day – Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Polling places: Districts 1 and 2: Buckingham Presbyterian Church, 20 S. Main Street; Districts 3 and 4: Berlin Multipurpose Building, 130 Flower Street.
For appropriate forms, or if there are any questions regarding Berlin’s municipal elections, visit the website or contact Administrative Services Director Mary Bohlen. Phone: 410-641-4314; email: email@example.com.