Berlin officials have become aware that incorrect information has been published indicating that only Berlin’s District 2 will be part of the October 9, 2012 Election. Deputy Town Administrator Mary Bohlen, who is staff liaison to the Berlin Board of Elections Supervisors, indicates that this is not an uncommon impression when a seat is uncontested. “Under the Code of the Town of Berlin, writing in candidates is not prohibited and there is not currently a provision for canceling an election. Therefore, all four Berlin Districts and all three seats up for election this year – Mayor, District 2 Councilmember and District 3 Councilmember – will be included in the Election.”
Ms. Bohlen wishes all registered voters in the Town to be aware of the following:
· Districts 1 and 4 will be able to vote for the office of Mayor.
· District 2 voters will be able to vote for the office of Mayor and for the District 2 Councilmember; District 3 will vote for Mayor and for District 3.
· Election Day is Tuesday, October 9, 2012, from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
· Polling places are: Districts 1 & 2 – Buckingham Presbyterian Church, 20 S. Main Street, and Districts 3 & 4 – Multi-purpose Building, Flower Street.
· Applications to vote by Absentee ballots are available and will be accepted until October 2, 2012 by mail, or October 5, 2012 in person.
Anyone with any questions regarding the Election should contact Ms. Bohlen at 410-641-4314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.