Posted on June 3, 2021
Police Communication Officers
(FULL TIME & PART TIME NEEDED)
The Berlin Police Department is accepting applications for a full-time or part-time Police Communication Officer. The application period is open (no closing date). DO NOT use the application on this webpage, the Police Department has a separate application that can be found here.
Starting pay will vary according to experience. Individuals must be flexible, with shifts during the day, evening, and midnight.
- Be 20 years old or older.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Have a high school diploma or approved GED.
- Pass extensive background check that includes a drug test, criminal history review, check of prior employers, and references among other requirements.
- Must be able to successfully complete an entry-level MILES/NCIC logon course certified by CJIS.
- No experience is required, but it is preferred.
If you are hired as a full-time employee, the following benefits would apply:
- Town paid life insurance
- Membership with Maryland State Retirement System – Employee’s Pension
- Fifteen paid holidays a year (holiday pay if worked)
- Inclement weather pay
- Shift differential pay for evening and midnight shifts
- Sick leave (one day a month, no carryover limit)
- Personal days (two annually)
- Vacation days (6 days year one, 12 days years two through five, etc.)
- Overtime and compensatory leave
- Educational benefits (required paid in full by town/non-required 100% reimbursed with contract)
Please contact the Berlin Police Department at 410-641-1333 for an application or go to www.berlinmdpd.org and click on employment.
Mail replies to Berlin Police Department 129 Decatur Street, Berlin, MD 21811
**Applications will not be accepted through the Town’s website, the applications found on this page are different than a police officer application, which can only be obtained through the Police Department here.** Applications for this position are accepted year-round and will be kept for one year. During that year if a vacancy becomes available the Police Department will be in contact with you. DO NOT use the application on this webpage, the Police Department has a separate application that can be found here.