The Economic and Community Development Department is located in the Berlin Welcome Center at 14 S. Main Street. Economic and Community Development is responsible for everything from assisting new and existing business, tourism, grants and works with a variety of business and civic organizations on promotions, events, and planning.
What services does the department provide?
- Assisting businesses to navigate Town Government
- Assists property owners with vacancies
- Assists potential new business inquiries
- Manages the Berlin Main Street Program
- Manages the Arts & Entertainment District
- Manages the Berlin Welcome Center and Ambassador Program
- Assisting town businesses, non-profits and works with a variety of civic organizations
- Writes and facilitates the Department of Housing and Community Development Community Legacy Grants
- General promotions of the Town
- Responsible for overseeing the Town’s Business Licenses
- Manages the Berlin Enterprise Zone
- Facilitates the Berlin Façade Grant program
- Manages the Berlin Farmers Market, Berlin Christmas Parade, New Years Eve Events, Holiday Events, Oktoberfest
- Represents the Town at County, State and National meetings and events geared to Economic Development, Tourism and the Arts.
Department ResourcesMain Street Berlin Frequently Asked Questions Arts & Entertainment Berlin Facade Improvement Program
DownloadsBerlin Fireworks Sponsorship Form Business License App. Form Enterprise Zone Application Special Event Form
Ivy Wells Economic & Community Development Director [email protected] 410-629-1722
Allison Early Administrative Assistant [email protected] 410-629-1716