Please find our current job opening(s) below. If you are interested in being employed by the Town of Berlin, please scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Apply for Employment” button. Thank you for your interest in our employment opportunities.
Berlin Police Department
129 DECATUR STREET
BERLIN, MARYLAND 21811
The Berlin Police Department is accepting applications for a full-time police officer. Applications will be accepted through 1600 hours on October 20th, 2021. The physical agility test for cadets will be Saturday, October 23rd at 0900 hours at the Berlin Police Department, with the written test to immediately follow upon successful completion of the physical agility. Interviews will be scheduled for the week of the 25th – 29th.
Starting salary for cadets will be $38,500 while in the academy and through successful completion of field training. Salary then goes to $44,000.00.
• Be 21 years old
• Be a U.S. citizen
• Have a high school diploma or approved GED
• Pass extensive background check to include: Psychological exam, Physical exam, Drug test, Criminal history, Credit check, and Driving Record.
Starting salary for lateral is $44,000(less than two years experience) $46,640 to $48,600(more than two years, depending on experience).
The following is a list of current benefits also provided by the Town of Berlin:
• Life insurance plan
• Membership in State Retirement Pension System
• Fourteen paid holidays a year
• Sick leave (1 day a month accrual), Two personal days a year
• Vacation (6 days year one, 12 days year’s two through five)
• Educational benefits (required paid in full/non-required 100% with contract)
• Overtime and compensatory leave
• Take home car if approved by Chief of Police
Please contact the Berlin Police Department at 410-641-1333 for an application or go online to www.berlinmdpd.org and click on application.
Mail replies to: Berlin Police Department 129 Decatur Street, Berlin, MD 21811
**Applications will not be accepted through the Town’s website, the applications found on this page are different than a police officer application, which can only be obtained through the Police Department.**