SPECIAL COLLECTIONS POLICY
Changes to collection policy in effect March 1, 2020.
Regular household garbage is not part of these collections. Collection is for occupied residential properties only;
commercial and industrial properties are not included. Vacant lots are also not included. Items must be at the curb
by 6:00 AM; materials placed for pickup at any other time may not be collected. For specific collection dates, please see the Holiday & Special Collection Schedule.
LIVE-CUT CHRISTMAS TREE COLLECTION
Live-Cut Christmas trees will be collected the first two Wednesdays in January following New Year Day.
|Remove all decorations from tree.||Trees should not be in disposal bags at the curb.|
Artificial, potted or “ball” trees intended for replanting will not be collected.
YARD WASTE COLLECTION
|Place leaves, grass clippings, pine needles and cones, and garden waste in a paper or plastic bag.|
Cut brush into 4 ft. lengths and bundles no larger than 18 inches in diameter.
|Include animal waste, stones, rocks, metal, other inorganic matter, dirt, sod or other materials.|
BULK WASTE COLLECTION
Bulk waste is defined as waste items not considered to be normal household trash/refuse, recyclables, or yard
waste. NEW POLICY IN EFFECT AS OF MARCH 1, 2020.
- If you have ANY items to place for collection on the designated date, YOU MUST
submit a request form or call 410-641-2770 no later than 4:30 PM the day before your designated collection date.
- Bulk collection request forms will be accepted starting thirty (30) days before collection date.
- Name, address and phone number must be provided.
- A complete list of items to be placed for collection must be provided. Items placed for collection, but not listed shall not be collected.
- Free Bulk Waste Collection is limited to FOUR (4) items per household, per collection date.
- A box or bag containing multiple items and weighing fifty (50) pounds or less shall be considered one (1) item.
- ONLY four (4) items per household, per collection date will be collected; any items in excess of four shall not be collected and it will be the responsibility of the property owner to make other arrangements for removal.
- All collection is subject to the discretion of the Public Works Department.
See below for guidelines.
|Include items such as:|
Small items must be placed in a box or bag at the curb and weigh no more than 50 lbs.
|Include items such as:|
For more information about special collections, please call the Public Works Department at
410-641-4001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bulk collection request forms will be accepted starting thirty (30) days before collection date and must be submitted no later than 4:30 PM the day before your designated collection date .