Posted on September 22, 2020
Berlin Police Department
129 DECATUR STREET
BERLIN, MARYLAND 21811
The Berlin Police Department is accepting applications for a full-time police officers. There will be a physical agility test for cadets at the Berlin Police Department, with the written test to immediately follow upon successful completion of the physical agility.
Starting salary for cadets will be $40,435 while in the academy and through successful completion of field training. Salary then goes to $46,217.
• Be 21 years old
• Be a U.S. citizen
• Have a high school diploma or approved GED
• Pass extensive background check to include: Psychological exam, Physical exam, Drug test, Criminal history, Credit check, and Driving Record.
Starting salary for lateral ranges from $46,217-$51,043, depending on experience.
The following is a list of current benefits also provided by the Town of Berlin:
• Life insurance plan
• Membership in State Retirement Pension System
• Fifteen paid holidays a year
• Sick leave (1 day a month accrual)
• Two personal days a year
• Vacation (6 days year one, 12 days years two through five, etc.)
• Educational benefits (required paid in full/non-required 100% with contract)
• Overtime and compensatory leave
• Take home car if approved by Chief of Police
Please contact the Berlin Police Department at 410-641-1333 for an application or go online to www.berlinmdpd.org and click on application.
Mail replies to: Berlin Police Department 129 Decatur Street, Berlin, MD 21811
**Applications will not be accepted through the Town’s website, the applications found on this page are different than a police officer application, which can only be obtained through the Police Department here.** Applications for this position are accepted year-round and will be kept for a period of one year. During that year if a vacancy becomes available the Police Department will be in contact with you. DO NOT use the application on this webpage, the Police Department has a separate application that can be found here.