Posted on September 22, 2020
Berlin Police Department
129 DECATUR STREET
BERLIN, MARYLAND 21811
Deadline to Apply: November 1, 2022
Testing Date: November 5, 2022
The Berlin Police Department is accepting applications for full-time police officers. There will be a physical agility test for cadets at the Berlin Police Department, with the written test to immediately follow upon successful completion of the physical agility.
Starting salary for cadets will be $44,137.60 while in the academy and through successful completion of field training. Salary then goes to $50,003.20.
Starting salary for lateral ranges from $50,003.20 – $54,828.80 annually, depending on experience.
- Be 21 Years Old
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Have a High-School Diploma or approved GED
- Pass extensive background check to include: Psychological exam, Physical exam, Drug test, Criminal history, Credit check, and Driving Record.
The following is a list of current benefits also provided by the Town of Berlin:
- Life Insurance paid by Town
- Membership in State Retirement System
- Fifteen paid holidays a year (holiday pay if worked)
- Inclement Weather Pay
- Shift Differential Day for evenings and midnight shifts
- Specialty Unit Pay (examples: K9, Collision Reconstruction, Criminal Investigation Division, Polygraph Operator, Bi-lingual, etc…)
- Sick leave (1 day a month accrual)
- Two personal days a year
- Vacation (6 days year one, 12 days years two through five, etc.)
- Educational benefits (required paid in full/non-required 100% with contract)
- Overtime and compensatory leave
- Take home car if approved by Chief of Police
Please contact the Berlin Police Department at 410-641-1333 for an application or go online to www.berlinmdpd.org and click on application.
Mail replies to Berlin Police Department 129 Decatur Street, Berlin, MD 21811
**Applications will not be accepted through the Town’s website, the applications found on this page are different than a Police Department application, which can only be obtained through the Police Department here.** Applications for this position are accepted year-round and will be kept for one year. During that year if a vacancy becomes available the Police Department will be in contact with you. DO NOT use the application on this webpage, the Police Department has a separate application that can be found here.