Law was born in 1886 in Bishopville and died in June 1976. Law was a prominent physician for more than 60 years and was one of the best-known sportsmen on the East Coast. He graduated in 1911 from the University of Maryland Medical School. Law was the District Commodore of the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary in 1948 and instructed women in the town’s local chapter of American Red Cross Motor Corps in 1942. Member of the Stevenson Methodist Church, the Independent Order of the Odd Fellows, and Berlin’s Rebekah Lodge No. 72. His wife was Norma. According to Law, Worcester County’s deer population became extinct in 1857. Thus, in 1922, he worked with state game officials and released several deer into the area to repopulate the Eastern Shore (Taylor, 2007; Mattews & Matthews, 1985, p. 112).
Taylor, Susan. (2007). Berlin. Arcadia Publishing.
Matthews, K. G., & Matthews, W. R. (1985). Worcester County: A pictorial history. Donning Co./Publishers.
Obituary dr. Charles R. Law the Daily Times Salisbury Times 17 Jun 1976 thu P 13. Newspapers.com. (1976, June 17). https://www.newspapers.com/clip/27121324/obituary-dr-charles-r-law-the-daily/.