Born in Roxana, Delaware, on January 27, 1867 and died in 1927. Founded by J.G. Harrison in 1884, Harrison became the owner of Harrison Brothers Nurseries, which was best known for their peaches as the Harrisons owned thousands of acres of peach orchards. Harrison Bros. Nurseries dominated the U.S. peach market and generated between 250 and 500 jobs in and around Berlin, depending on the season. For over forty years, Harrison paid out the highest number of wages than any other man in Worcester County. Harrison’s administration oversaw the Berlin Power Plant, the construction of its water and city lights systems, progression of sanitation services, and granted Pocomoke City Telephone Company permission to string telephone poles throughout the streets of Berlin in 1909 and the paving of Berlin’s streets. Elected to the Maryland Legislature in 1910, Harrison was then elected to the Maryland Senate in 1913, where he served for fourteen years until his death. Harrison also served as a representative in the Maryland House of Delegates and a Maryland State Senator. His home, Windy Brow, now called the Orlando Harrison House, was built in 1899 and sits near the railroad tracks in Berlin.
Burgoyne, M. (2014, August 2). Windy Brow – Orlando Harrison and Berlin Peaches. Chesapeake Ghost Tours. https://chesapeakeghosts.com/windy-brow-orlando-harrison-berlin-peaches/.
Taylor, S. (2007). Berlin. Arcadia Publishing, p. 86.